Dear valued SnapEx users,
Due to the recent increase in reported scams and fraudulent cases, we strongly suggest that all users be extra vigilant. Please do not share your Account ID and password on any social media or online platform.
We have received numerous reported cases of ID theft from our Korean community earlier this morning. However, our preliminary investigation concluded that neither our SMS service provider nor AWS servers have been compromised. Our tech team is currently working hard to resolve the case, and we are committed to finding out the root cause.
To increase platform security, we have made it mandatory for all users to link your SnapEx Account ID with your Google Authenticator. Kindly perform the following steps to activate your Google Authenticator.
1. Download and register a Google Auth account from Google Play or Apple App Store
2. Login to your SnapEx account
3. Click on Account
4. Click on Account center
5. Click on Google Auth and enter your security verification code to enable the feature
6. Either scan the QR code or manually copy the 16 alphanumeric code into Google Auth
7. Click Next. (Remember to store your Backup Key in a safe place in case you wish to reset your Google verification in the future)
8. On the final page, enter your SnapEx Account password and paste the generated code from Google Auth accordingly to complete the process.
9. Once completed, you will observe a “Enabled” status next to Google Auth
The 2-Step verification will provide an additional security layer since your account will be protected with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone or Security Key). The codes generated by Google Authenticator are uniquely crafted for your account and can only be used once within a given timeframe.
Please be informed that all account withdrawals without Google Auth enabled will be rejected for security reasons.
Rest assured that all funds are safe. Kindly allow the platform seven working days to conclude the case and reach out to the affected users for any onward compensation.
Please trade safely.
26 May 2020